Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Music and Drama in the Classroom (Videos)

Hello, my name is David, and I've just arrived at Ruel from Australia.

As I teacher I love using music, and although I am inexperienced at teaching English as a second language, I've found out already what a great tool it is for kids to practise their speaking and listening skills, and just to have fun.

We are only in our second week together, but already I've introduced lots of interactive action songs and I wanted to share one here. This is Doctor Knickerbocker.

I am also a teacher who doesn't mind thinking on my feet and improvising in the classroom. Earlier this week I was reading the kids a story called "Little David's Brave Day", which is a retelling of David and Goliath featuring David as a mouse and Goliath as a cat. As I was reading, I thought "We could act this out" and the following video is what resulted.

Little David's Brave Day

No comments:

Post a Comment