Thursday, May 22, 2014

Latest Bub Arrivals, Staff Departures and Happy Medical News

Meet our latest arrivals:

This is Baby Boy M. Back in late April he was given to us by his family when he was just four days old, because they just couldn't look after him. This is Baby M with his mother.

 
 
 


This is Baby Boy K. He is four months old, very tiny and quite sick.



I'll just slip in a little editorial anecdote here. I really enjoy popping into the Malnourish Centre and spending time with the littlest ones. Yesterday I held Baby K and started singing to him. Twinkle Twinkle and Humpty Dumpty went down okay, but I noticed a huge change in his demeanour when I started singing about Jesus. I sang "One Way", "My Redeemer Lives" and "Open the Eyes of My Heart". He looked into my face, his eyes grew as big as saucers and he started giving off massive smiles. It was incredible to watch. God is at work in this place, friends.



We've been privileged to have our CEO David Cowie come over and visit from New Zealand. David does an enormous amount of work behind the scenes for Ruel Foundation, fundraising and raising awareness about what we do here and the way lives are being transformed through love and generosity.



Today we also said farewell to Ate Laura and Ate Henriikka from Finland. They've been with us for a month and have shown much care and love to the children here.









This little guy is Mr I. He has spent the last 18 months in hip-to-toe casts to correct his club feet. This week he went with one of the Ates to Manila, and he now no longer needs the casts! The joy on his face says it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment